Real Estate Blog Sites in Chicago
Ted's Top Chicago Real Estate Blog Sites
Living in Chicago, one of the largest housing markets in the country, it’s sometimes easy to take for granted the high volume of resources Chicago homebuyers and real estate professionals have to research information on the current happenings in the real estate industry. Nowadays, it seems every Realtor or Broker in the business has a blog in which they can share their insights and thoughts about what’s going on in the world of Chicago real estate. Even a variety of new blog sites dedicated to reporting Chicago real estate news has become a popular way to get the latest scoop on the hottest new developments or listings to hit the market. And with so many avenues and websites to retrieve such vital real estate information, I know first-hand that it can sometimes be overwhelming when so many different links come up on a simple Google search of a certain Chicago condo building or downtown Chicago neighborhood. So with this in mind, I thought I’d simplify things for all my readers and give you a breakdown of the Top 5 Chicago Real Estate Blog Sites I read on a regular basis. In no particular order, I’ve listed each outlet below:
1) UrbanTurf-Chicago: Everyday, writers at UrbanTurf put out quality articles that range from that week’s “find” in the Chicago real estate market to information about a brand-new development planned for somewhere in the city. Regardless the topic, UrbanTurf does a terrific job of covering nearly every Chicago neighborhood in a variety of different ways.
2) Curbed-Chicago: Organized by neighborhood, Curbed Chicago is a thorough blog site that covers real estate news relating to each specific community in the city. New developments, foreclosures, great values and loads of other topics are all in bounds with Curbed Chicago and it’s definitely a website I find myself coming back to on a weekly basis
3) YoChicago: Perhaps most known for the outstanding video content, YoChicago provides a “fresh take on homes, apartments and neighborhoods in Chicago and the Suburbs” and certainly gives homebuyers and some of my fellow agents an inside look at some of the hottest real estate on the market. Along with well-written blogs and high-quality videos, it’s also a great resource for Realtors to show off a great new listing or demonstrate their expertise on certain specialized aspects relating to the Chicago market.
4) EveryBlock: The unique concept of EveryBlock allows users to input specific location informtion, i.e. address, neighborhood or zip code, and receive up-to-date discussions relating to current events, news and real estate topics of that region or place. Rather than the same generic news reporter or journalist, these accounts are given by real people living within a close proximity to that area. And while I can't be certain every discussion or comment is accurate on EveryBlock, it certainly provides a unique take on various topics within your Chicago neighborhood by everyday people just like you and I.
5) ChicagoNow: While there’s a wide-variety of blog topics on ChicagoNow, the real estate section gives readers a diverse group of blogs that can relate to homebuyers, agents and tons of other people who are working or just interested in the real estate industry. Currently, there are 7 different blogs filed under Real Estate and I think once you visit ChicagoNow, you’re bound to find one that you enjoy.