Chicago is filled with rich history, distinctive landmarks, and world-class attractions. From the famed architecture to the legendary museums and theatres, it’s no surprise why downtown Chicago is visited by millions of tourists from all over the globe each and every year.
But while many who visit Chicago obviously don’t know all there is to know about the Windy City, local Chicago residents themselves might be surprised at just how little they know about the place they call home as well.
Don’t believe us? Well, take a look at a few Chicago fun facts below and let us know just how many you already knew!
1) “Bucktingham Fountain” in Grant Park is one of the world’s largest fountains!
Start searching real estate for sale near Buckingham Fountain HERE!!!
2) Chicago is the birthplace of skyscrapers.
Start searching Chicago skyscraper real estate for sale HERE!!!
3) Chicago actually has 77 defined community areas that contain more than 100 different neighborhoods!
Search Chicago real estate for sale by neighborhood NOW!!!
4) Chicago’s downtown area is known as “The Loop,” which refers to the area encircled by the city’s elevated (“L”) train tracks.
Browse Chicago Loop real estate listings HERE!!!
5) Chicago has 19 miles of lakefront bicycle paths
Start searching lakefront real estate for sale TODAY!!!
6) The Lincoln Park Zoo is the country's oldest public zoo, which has an estimated annual attendance of 3 million visitors
Check out Lincoln Park's hottest real estate listings HERE!!!
Want more Chicago fun facts?
Keep following the SeeChicagoRealEstate.com blog for our next edition of Chicago fun facts and the real estate listings that surround each!
Ted Guarnero, REALTOR® is a full-time real estate agent with over 1000 homes sold and $400 million in sales. Working with Compass real estate offering professional and effective real estate services to help you succeed in the local real estate market. Visit www.seeChicagorealestate.com for information on downtown Chicago real estate and to get in touch with an expert in the Chicago real estate market. Before you hire your next Realtor call Ted Guarnero 855-See-Chicago, it's on the House !